Thought I'd post the latest beer. I was going for something light, with a little citrus flavor. It turned out pretty well. The only thing I'd change would be to add a little more hop toward the end of the boil. HUGOMORE42


I did a mash with 2qt water per lb at 148-150F for an hour. After adding extract, I boiled the wort for 90 minutes.
  • 2 lbs wheat malt
  • 2 lbs 2-row
  • 3 lbs wheat dry extract

Hop Schedule

All additions are Amarillo:
  • 0.2 oz at 90 minutes
  • 0.2 oz at 60 minutes
  • 0.2 oz at 30 minutes
  • 0.2 oz at 15 minutes
  • 0.2 oz at 5 minutes


I used a Kolsch yeast, and brought the wort down to 60F before pitching. Using a temperature controller and a heat pad, I kept the fermenter around 65F for two days. Then I raised the temp 1F a day until it got to 69F, and left it there until the airlock stopped bubbling. My hydrometer cracked during the boil, so I'm not sure what the starting gravity was, but I'd guess it was about 1.050. Final gravity was 1.013.